Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Official Welcome back!



Greetings and welcome back!

As your Assistant Dean of Graduate Student Success I want to officially welcome you back from winter break.  I hope you had a wonderful time.  I am feeling very excited about the future of Graduate Studies at RIT.  I have been working on ways to keep you more connected with each other and with events that are happening on campus.  While you were gone on break we went live with our new website. 


You will also find our Graduate Student Success workshop schedule on our website.  I am looking forward to seeing you at those workshops. 



I will be writing on a regular basis in a blog that is linked on our community page.  You can see my blog at the following link.  This is a good way to put in your comments and share your ideas with me.


If you are on Facebook you should also join our Graduate Student Success Facebook.



I also wanted to share with you an exciting new meeting that the Office of Graduate Studies is sponsoring.  On Friday January 31st we will have the first meeting of a new Toastmasters group here on campus.  The meeting will be held at 10 a.m. in the meeting room next to the Office of Graduate Studies.   If you do not know about Toastmasters then I would encourage you to go to the following link and watch this video about what a meeting is like.


You can find out more about toastmasters on their official website.


Student Life Survey
Some of you will be randomly chosen to take a survey about student life for graduate students at RIT.  This survey will go out in March.  Be on the lookout for more information about this survey.  It will help us to hear the issues that are important to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment